This salon initiative was forwarded to us by the folks at Oribe Hair Care: Jean Paul Day Spa and Hair Salons in Albany, NY, usually holds its highly-anticipated annual company holiday appreciation party in late January or February (after the holiday rush), but this year, the staff requested something different. In the midst of party [...]
Earlier this week, I posted a list of some initiatives that salons and beauty companies were taking in order to raise money for the relief effort in Haiti. Here’s another one: Panache Salon & Spa will match 20% of the donations received through
For Marion Cotillard’s Golden Globes hair, Robert Vetica wanted to give her a style that would complement her elegant yet slightly risqué Dior gown. “I wanted a look that was glamorous, but with an edge,” Vetica said. “I was inspired by the rock ‘
January Jones is known for her amazing retro style as Betty Draper on Mad Men, but for the Golden Globes, she walked the red carpet with a daring and modern look. Taking inspiration from Jones’ dramatic Lanvin gown, celebrity stylist Mark Townsend cr
Inspired by the concept of “Old Hollywood meets ethereal naturalist,” celebrity makeup artist and green beauty expert Tina Turnbow gave Vera Farmiga a look that highlighted her feminine beauty with a healthy flush. To get the look, Turnbow used a mi
At last night’s Golden Globes, several celebs eschewed the stick-straight styles of years past and embraced textured tresses. “The hair was very casual, not overdone and styled,” notes Goldwell International Guest Artist Dimitrios Tsioumas. “It looke
I’ve always been a huge fan of Nicole Kidman—both on screen and on the red carpet—and last night’s Golden Globes look was no exception. I loved her natural and elegant updo, created by the wonderful David Babaii. Here’s how to recreate it: Blow
This week went by really quick! I’ve just been busy, getting boxes done, doing haircuts and colors. We had Nadene Bruders, a former Stateboard instructor who retired and created a book called Score! to help students study for Stateboard come in as ou
Since the earthquake that devastated Port-au-Prince, Haiti, last week, many salons and beauty companies have been doing whatever they can to raise money to help the many victims. Here are just a few examples: Phyto Hair Care is hosting a fundraiser
What was with all the facial hair at last night’s Golden Globes? Jon Hamm and George Clooney, you are two of the best looking men in Hollywood, so why are you hiding your faces? Wiliam Hurt,I can’t even imagine what you were hiding in that rat’s nest
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...