Jewelry designer Pamela Love showed her spring collection—which referenced traditional African and Indian jewelry—at Milk Studios, where I caught up with Thomas Dunkin, lead hairstylist for Sebastian Professional, to check out thet “dreadlocks” he was creating for the models. “It’s a very streetwise, undone look but still feminine,” he told me. To get the look, Dunkin dampened the hair and applied Sebastian Professional Gel Forte, then twisted sections of hair, sprayed them with Reshaper hairspray and flat-ironed them. He finished the look by running his fingers through the dreads to break them up slightly.
Mercedes-Benz Spring ’11 Fashion Week NYC: Pamela Love
- Rachel McAdams’ Twisted ‘Do at 2012 Toronto Film Festival
- Mercedes-Benz Spring 2013 Fashion Week: Mara Hoffman
- Sebastian Launches Shine-Enhancing Products
- Leading Lady Shines at the “W.E.” Premiere with the Help of Sebastian Professional
- Mercedes-Benz Spring 2012 Fashion Week NYC: alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins