The glamorous nightclub space M2 was the setting for Cesar Galindo’s dramatic show, which featured brightly colored dresses, many embellished with architectural curves and ruffles. Holli Smith for Redken chose to keep hair simple, styling the models in shiny and tight ponytails that would not compete with the clothing. “I wanted to keep the whole face exposed,” she says. Smith added extensions to many models’ hair in various lengths, then applied Hardwear 16 super strong gel to the top and sides of dry hair for extra hold and a patent leather shine. She then pulled hair into a tight ponytail, spraying Vinyl Glam 02 mega shine spray on the ends and flat-ironing them so the tails would be straight and dry. Before the girls went out she sprayed the hair once more with Vinyl Glam to renew the shine.
Mercedes-Benz Spring ’10 Fashion Week in NYC: Cesar Galindo
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins