Excitement was definitely in the air last night as the backstage team prepared for the final show of Fashion Week: L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani. The collection revolved around six “Gangs of Gwen,” and Danilo, lead stylist for L’Oreal Professionnel, created distinct hair styles to go with each one. “The looks represent the menagerie that is Gwen: mom, rock star, glamour girl,” explained Danilo, who is also Gwen’s personal hairstylist. “Gwen wears a look; she doesn’t let the look wear her.” He described the following gangs, each of which featured eight models:
- London Girls: The look was boyish girls who’ve been up all night. Danilo used L’Oreal Professionnel Texture Expert Gelee Riche to sculpt the models’ cropped hairdos.
- Glam Girls: “These girls are a hairdresser’s dream,” Danilo said. He created a “huge airy puff of blonde bouffantery” using Texture Expert Infinium 3 strong hold working spray.
- Soldier Girls: This look was simply the glamour girls wearing sunglasses and a chic head scarf
- Buffalo Girls: The Asian models comprised this gang, which featured lots of big, frizzy hair, aggressive asymmetrical cuts and big topknots.
- Pillbox Girls: The models of color rocked a gravity defying pillbox hat made of hair and aided by Infinium 3.
- Ragamuffins: These were the Pillbox Girls wearing what Danilo described as “Rastafarian head caps.”
When more length or volume was needed for the various looks, Danilo used Jessica Simpson’s hairdo clip-in extensions from Hair U Wear. The models’ gorgeous haircolor was created by Eva Scrivo using INOA haircolor. I went to the color prep last week, so I got to see firsthand how much of a difference even the most subtle change in tone can make. Stay tuned for before and after pics to come!
For the nails, Gwen proclaimed that “black is back,” so Pattie Yankee and the Dashing Diva team coated the models’ nails with Limo Service.