Cynthia Rowley’s fall ’10 collection, shown at the elegant Gotham Hall, featured modern “tough girl” pieces with flashes of color, movement and texture achieved by using lots of feathers and fringed leather and silk. To complement the look, lead stylist Alain Pichon for Antonio Preieto Salon created natural ponytails that were crimped and curled and accented with crimped, hand-colored jewel-toned hair extensions in shades like amethyst, turquoise, lapis and yellow diamond. Wella Professionals lead colorist Eva Scrivo achieved the dramatic color effects using Wella Koleston Perfect Special Mix shades on pre-lightened hair. “We were inspired by punk rock, primary colors and jewel tones to create our own color palette that was influenced by a combination of different decades,” Scrivo told me. M.A.C lead makeup artist Val Garland made sure the makeup look was equally stunning by keeping the focus on the eyes, which featured liner that was applied in a distinctive winged almond shape and dramatic false lashes.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week NYC Fall ’10: Cynthia Rowley
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins