Kicking off our fashion week coverage: Susan Ciancolo showed her fall 2012 collection last night in the garment district. The designer took inspiration from her original show during the 1980s called Movement, with clothing inspired by photographer Richard Prince’s work of the same era. The hair also played on the idea of movement. Lead stylist Coby for Whittemore House Salon used Oribe Hair Care products to create a blown-back style—inspired by a girl riding on the back of a motorcycle—by rough-drying the hair with Oribe Hair Care Maximista, then curling it with a 1-inch iron to create barrel curls. She then sprayed Foundation Mist to “undo” the curls a bit and finished with lots of Apres Beach on the ends to separate the curls for stringy, shiny look.
Mercedes-Benz Fall 2012 Fashion Week NYC: Susan Ciancolo
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins