For Venexiana’s fall/winter 2011 collection, Philip Pelusi, founder of Tela Beauty Organics, created a stunning Venetian topknot. “It’s like a French twist but with a difference,” explained Pelusi. “So many of the clothes in this collection have a Venetian feel, but I also wanted some height to the hair.” To achieve the style, he prepped the hair with Tela Beauty Organics Composer for more control and texture. Next, he pulled half of the hair at the back into a low ponytail and teased it. He then teased the top, front half of the hair and gently brushed it back towards the ponytail to begin an upwards French twist secured with pins along the way. To finish, Pelusi finger-combed and pinned any fall outs at the crown for a neat and elegant finish. —Clarissa Nebuya
Mercedes-Benz Fall ‘11 Fashion Week NYC: Venexiana
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins