Downtown at the Rag + Bone show in SoHo, amid the cacophony of hairdryers and a team of twenty stylists, Guido was creating hair that was simple, youthful and playful which helped to offset the texture of Rag & Bone’s 2011 Winter collection which, according to Guido, “had a lot going on.” What Guido conceptualized were styles that were soft, pretty and feminine. “The hair needs to be youthful, playful and not thought about too much,” he said. Imagining a girl in her bedroom, possibly daydreaming, Guido created three classic braids on each side of the head for the look –but stressed that they were not to be perfect. He braided the sections loosely, securing the ends with a clear elastic band and then softly loosened the look by pulling at the top of the braid. Sections pulled from the the hairline peeked through underneath and were kept out of the braid. Since he was going for “believability” Guido didn’t go overboard on products–opting instead for Redken’s Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner and finalizing the look with Redken 23 Finishing Spray.
Mercedes-Benz Fall ‘11 Fashion Week NYC: Rag & Bone
By Jennifer Bernstein on February 14, 2011 in Celebrities, Education, Event Coverage, Fashion Week, Fashion Week Fall 2011, What's New?
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins