To complement the ethereal mood of the Nanette Lepore Fall 2011 collection, lead hairstylist James Pecis for Moroccanoil, created soft, flowing braids. “Braids can be either hard or soft looking,” Pecis says. “We went for the angelic, soft look.” Each model received one of two variations of the braided design. The first consisted of a graceful cascade of interwoven French braids that flowed from the sides of the head and expanded to fill the entire back. The other was based on free-flowing texture, with height at the front of the hairline, tight sides, and bold braids from crown to mid-head. He achieved the first look by spraying small sections of hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray, then blow-dried away from the face using the Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Paddle Brush and used an upward motion to give hair lift. He then backcombed at the top of the head, teasing it a bit more on the front hairline and misted hairspray to give it lift. Next, he wove a French braid starting at the right temple, pickng up more hair as he worked back around the head in an arc pattern, over to the left temple, and then created another layer of braids. He took two bobby pins and criss-crossed them to hold the braid in place. He then massaged the braid with his fingers to keep it from looking too hard or controlled. He finished the look with a light misting of Glimmer Shine Spray. To achieve the second look, Pecis blow-dried hair and then starting at the right temple, he made the braid assymetrically swayed to the left side so that most of the braid stayed at the top part of the head for a feminine, soft look.
Mercedes-Benz Fall ‘11 Fashion Week NYC: Nanette Lepore
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins