For the elegant evening wear collection from Jenny Packham, Leonardo Minetti, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel, created hair for the “girl about town.” Complementing the long draping necklines, Minetti allowed the hair to naturally flow down the model’s back. “It is a look that is more evening than day,” said Minetti. “She should be modern and sophisticated girl.” To create the long, loose curls Minetti first brushed out the hair using a Mason Pearson brush, and then curled random strands using a 1/4-inch curling iron. Letting the hair remain loose was a goal of Minetti’s and he finished the waves in place using L’Oréal Professionnel’s Infinium 2 hairspray. Minetti finished the look by saying that “the hair should have a good bounce and not look too stiff.”
Mercedes-Benz Fall ‘11 Fashion Week NYC: Jenny Packham
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins