Backstage at the Cynthia Rowley show, Redken’s Rita Marmor was collaborating closely with the designer to create a soft, airy updo. “I imagined a girl who is delicate, but still wants to have fun; elegant, but never uptight,” Marmor said. To start, she created a deep, triangular part and sectioned it off for later. Pulling back the remaining hair, she sprayed a generous amount of Redken’s Fashion Work 12 to create a ponytail at ear-level, which she secured with a black elastic. Then, separating a thin layer from the top of the tail, she built up another layer of Fashion Work 12 through the rest of the hair before teasing it with both a hairbrush and a crimping iron. “This is what creates the done, but undone look,” Marmor said. While stylists worked on the tail, Marmor went back to finish the front section by adding a small pump of Full Frame 07 mousse to tame flyaways and pulled it back to make a tight twist before merging it into the ponytail. Taking a transparent elastic band, she tied the textured part of the tail near the ends to form a light pouf. With a straightening iron, she combed through the top layer of the tail so that it covered the pouf like a thin veil. She light-handedly combined the two layers and twirled it downwards into an airy dome secured with pins. Finally, she sprayed Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist into her hands to work sheen and extra hold to the intentional fall-outs around the face and the strands veiling the textured bun. —Clarissa Nebuya
Mercedes-Benz Fall ‘11 Fashion Week NYC: Cynthia Rowley
By Contributor on February 11, 2011 in Event Coverage, Fashion Week Fall 2011, Runway Report, What's New?
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins