Tuesday afternoon I headed over to The Art Directors Club in Chelsea to find out what look lead hairstylist for Linea Pro Ashley Javier had planned for the Behnaz Sarafpour show. Turns out the look was a classic ponytail, but Javier was putting his own twist on it, literally. After blow-drying the hair with a Linea Pro blow-dryer and straightening it with the company’s professional titanium flat iron, he gathered the hair into a ponytail at the center of the head, wrapping the end around the flat iron to give it a little bend. Javier used Linea Pro’s Mini Iron for straightening bangs and hard-to-reach spots. He kept product use to a minimum, applying just a little Leonor Greyl SÃ©rum de Soie Sublimateur and RenÃ© Furterer Laque de Finition to prevent flyaways and give the hair a subtle sheen. To complement the collection’s garden-inspired soft silhouettes, some models were fitted with beautiful headbands adorned with antique silk flowers. Key makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury for M.A.C enhanced the feminine effect, applying shades of antique and taupe silver shadow to eyelids and the outer edges of eyes, a little silver eyeliner at the corner of eyes, brown mascara to lashes, M.A.C Beauty Powder Blush in Tippy and a little lip conditioner to lips. Lead nail tech for CND Roxanne Valinoti finished the look by applying a taupe shade of polish to toenails that was custom blended for the show. For fingernails, she applied tips painted first with a sheer gold shade of polish, then with the custom-blended taupe shade, leaving a half-moon shape exposed at the cuticle in sheer gold. â€”Lotus Abrams, managing editor
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week NYC Spring/Summer 2008: Behnaz Sarafpour
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins