Diego Binettiâ€™s innovative Fall â€™09 show on Sunday at Focus Studios featured dancers from the Cedar Lake Dance Company, who pushed models on round platforms onto the runway, where they dismounted and walked the floor. Backstage, lead hairstylist for Sebastian Professional Thomas Dunkin created hairstyles inspired by Marlene Dietrichâ€™s glamorous look from the 1920s. Dunkin began by working Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte through the hair, then blow-drying it with a round brush. He then divided the hair into sections, spraying them with Shaper Zero Gravity hairspray and curling them with a 1/2-inch iron then pinning each curl. Finally, the hair was brushed out and randomly pinned up to jaw length, then sprayed with Shine Define hairspray. The makeup was equally stunning. Lead makeup artist for Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Katie Pellegrino applied metallic eyebrow shapes to brows in silver, gold and bronze, and used OCCâ€™s new Lip Tar in Patricia on lips to give them a pop of fuchsia-purple. Graphic black eyeliner and a dusty cheek finished the gothic, feminine look. Dancers, who were clad in black Spandex unitards, were made up with half black and half white airbrush makeup by OCCâ€™s CEO and Creative Director David Klasfeld. For the finishing touch, CND lead nail tech Angie Wingle gave the nails a medieval feeling with four distinctive nail designs featuring gold, silver and black. â€”Lotus Abrams, Managing Editor
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall â€™09: Diego Binetti
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins