In the midst of the chaos of fashion week I was lucky enough to attend a very fun event at the City Winery in Tribeca, NY. The event, aptly named Texture on the Runway was a celebration of curly and wavy hair. Matrix served as one of the sponsors where hundreds of industry professionals gathered to mingle and watch the runway extravaganza. Matrix Artistic Directors Nick Stenson and Daniel Roldan were on hand to showcase some of their fabulous work. They created neo-Victorian styles on five different models, but with a modern feel. As Nick put it “there is something classic and elegant about the Victorian Era, afterall this is the time when creating textured looks really began.” Nick and Daniel worked their magic using an array of products from the Matrix Total Results collection. Along with Matrix, Nick Arrojo, Curls Unleashed, Hair Rules and Minardi showed off looks on the runway. As I watched the models walk along the catwalk in varying texturized styles I was wishing to trade in my pin straight hair for a wave!
Matrix Rocks the Catwalk at Texture on The Runway
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins