The Friends of the High Line hosted a summer benefit at Pier Sixty in Manhattan this June to celebrate the non-profit organizationâ€™s 10th anniversary. Honored were actor and board member Edward Norton and board members Lisa Marie and Philip Falcone. An after-party was held on the High Line itself. The High Line was built in the 1930s as part of a massive public-private infrastructure that lifted freight train traffic 30 feet into the air. In 1999, Friends of the High Line was formed to advocate for the High Lineâ€™s preservation and reuse as an open public space. I was invited to the event by Peter Lichtenthal, president of Bumble and bumble. EsteÃ© Lauder, which owns the haircare giant, bought a table at the event, which raised more than $2 million to go toward the maintenance and operation of High Line Park.
Friends of the High Line Summer Benefit
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins