While Emily Blunt often chooses fashion-forward styles for awards shows and premieres, her look for the Emmys last night was decidedly understated as she escorted husband and The Office star John Krasinski down the red carpet in lavender Dior. Her hair, designed by longtime stylist Laini Reeves, was fresh and sophisticated to match the simple elegance of her gown. Reeves was inspired by the finger waves of the 1920s, creating a waved design that fell just below the jawline, with pin-curled accents at the nape of the neck. “We wanted to create a look that was very different from any that Emily had worn before,” said Reeves, who used Moroccanoil products to get the look. “Once I saw the gown, I knew that a modern look based on the waved looks of the 20’s was the perfect complement for the design.” Reeves accessorized the look with a diamond earring attached to two bobbypins and sewed on with silver thread.
Emmy Awards 2010: Emily Blunt
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins