I should preface this post by saying that I don’t wear much makeup on a regular basis. In fact, my daily makeup routine consists of a little bronzer, mascara, and lip gloss. Needless to say, I was a little nervous when I sat down to have airbrush makeup done at the James Bentley Salon in New York City. Khuraira, celebrity makeup artist and founder of an eponymous makeup line and boutique, sat down next to me and explained in detail all the products that were going to be used, as well as the lineâ€™s new products for Spring 2009. As she went through the line, Hadivah Musa from Khuraira applied the products, including the Age-Control Concealer, the Dermal Revitalizing Age-Control Foundation in Pale Beige, Princess Blush and my favorite, the Age-Control Primer, which was applied before any of the makeup to moisturize and prep my skin. After the makeup application, a custom-blended foundation was applied through a tiny airbrush nozzle, which created a fine spray that settled on top of my skin. I was afraid to look in the mirror when it was all over, but to my surprise my face looked flawless and smooth, and most importantly natural! I loved my new look! -Nicole Palmieri, editorial assistant
- No related posts found
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins