Already a go-to salon for many Brits, Essensuals London is bringing its fashion-forward styling stateside to its first U.S. location in March. Located on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, the salon will offer styling, cut and color services and will be led by international editorial and celebrity stylist Laini Reeves, whose client list includes Anne [...]
Grammy night was thrice-as-nice for Moroccanoil, which contributed products to the Official Grammy Gift Lounge and the Official Grammy Gift Bag and created the gift passed out at the Grammy Celebration Official After-Party. All of the presenters, nom
I recently had the opportunity to watch stylist Craig Piatti demonstrate how to use Platinum Seamless extensions at Eva Scrivo’s Bond Street salon location in Manhattan. The 3-inch wide extensions are made of 100 percent Remy human hair, are paper
In an effort to aid relief efforts in Haiti following the devastating earthquake there earlier this month, Phyto organized a benefit event last night that raised nearly $2,000 for the cause. The event, held at Phyto Universe in Manhattan, featured a
Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Belson appointed Denise Russell to its sales team as regional manager for the Northeast, Southwest and Canada. Colomer Salon Division announced promotions and
In response to the earthquake that has devastated Haiti, Paul Mitchell Schools Dean and Cofounder Winn Claybaugh has called on every school in the network to join together in a fundraising initiative with a goal of $1,000 per school — with 100 parti
Clark Russell Salon in Walnut Creek, CA, is offering 30 percent off makeover services to local, first- time clients seeking employment opportunities this January. Clients are asked to simply mention the New Year, New Job, New You promotion when booki
This salon initiative was forwarded to us by the folks at Oribe Hair Care: Jean Paul Day Spa and Hair Salons in Albany, NY, usually holds its highly-anticipated annual company holiday appreciation party in late January or February (after the holiday
Earlier this week, I posted a list of some initiatives that salons and beauty companies were taking in order to raise money for the relief effort in Haiti. Here’s another one: Panache Salon & Spa will match 20% of the donations received through
“The technology is nothing. Talk to the hairstylists. It was an Aqua Net kind of day!” – Jennifer Garner, to E! on the (rainy) red carpet
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...