In “Through the Years,” (American Salon, April 2011), I chatted with experts about ways to help hair and skin defy the hands of time. Here is some additional information about the products featured on pages 84 and 85: FOR CLIENTS IN THEIR 20s: Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Keratin Cream Rinse has a strengthening keratin blend to [...]
The Business Forum for Salon Owners, which is being staged during America’s Beauty Show (ABS) at Chicago’s McCormick Place on March 13th promises to provide salon owners with a different take on business education. An all-star lineup of busin
In our March issue, we introduced you to the new Redken Gold Rush collection and gave you Tracey Cunningham’s tips on using the new shades to warm up brunettes for spring. Here, Cunningham shares what’s hot for redheads and blondes: Redheads: “T
“The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” Brian Tracy I love having a focal point in my life. Each year I set my sights on specific goals and intentions. I don’t know about you, but somet
Loved the polished curls created by Tommy Buckett, Sedu Elite Styling Consultant, shown in our October issue? Find out how it’s done with Sedu’s video.
If you haven’t already done so, check out our September issue! Our cover story, “Seeing Red,” features the hottest hair color trend for fall—red and copper tones! Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, fired up the model’s hair fo
Halle Berry is making headlines as the first black woman to grace the cover of Vogue’s all-important September issue in more than 20 years. Love her sleek, sexy look? We asked her hairstylist, Oribe, to share some behind-the-scenes scoop. The Insp
Boom Boom Brow Bar makes it easier than ever to add brow services to your salon menu and put cash in your pocket with its new professional site. The easy-to-navigate pro page includes education, tips and products from Malynda Vigliotti, owner of
Celeb-stylist Frank Barbosa created loose waves for Teresa Palmer on the set of The Sorcerer’s Apprentice. “I wanted a style that was both timeless and carefree,” Barbosa says. As on-set stylist he started each day by blow-drying her hair t
The season of “ I do’s” is in full swing and this season, softer hairstyles are making an appearance on the wedding aisles and bridal runways. Celebrity hairstylist Frank Barbosa says that soft carefree tresses showcase the bride’s personal s
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...