To match the elegant midnight blue Elie Saab Couture dress that Hilary Swank wore to the Los Angeles premiere of her newest film, New Year’s Eve, celebrity stylist and Moroccanoil Global Brand Ambassador Robert Vetica fashioned a glamorous, young and spirited hairstyle. Vetica began by applying Moroccanoil Treatment to ensure tangle- and frizz-free locks before [...]
Your client has her holiday dress and makeup ready to go, and is looking to you for the perfect hair to match. Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte suggests a timeless, weather-proof ballerina bun to complement any holiday look, li
For this December’s Face Value column in American Salon, we spoke with physician assistant Jenn Baltazar of Rox Spa in Newport Beach, CA, who discussed ways medspa treatments and salon treatments can work together. Here, she talks more about th
Learn your favorite haircolor tips and tricks from renowned industry expert and Redken Haircolor consultant, David Stanko. David will be live on the Redken Break room on November 15th from 10am-4pm EST chatting about his new favorites from Redken, hi
Ivan Zoot, director of education with the Andis Company and winner of three Guiness World Records for haircuts, is educating stylists on how to increase business with Andis’ new Envy clipper at national shows and regional events across the U.S. in 20
Matthew Monzon styled Emmy winner Julianna Margulies’ hair for the star-studded event using Leonor Greyl products. Find out how to recreate the look: Matthew Monzon recreates Julianna Margulies Emmy hair
Love the Sebastian Professional shoot from our July issue (click here to see it)? We’ve got some behind-the-scenes footage from the shoot that features the artists talking about the product cocktails they used to create the gorgeous looks.
Love the fondue-inspired look from Goldwell North American Guest Artist Robert Brown in our June issue? Brown gives us step-by-step instructions on how to get it in your salon. Background: Model Lana’s base level is the classic “dirty”
We just loved Michelle Williams’ elegant look at the annual Met Ball, held on Monday at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Perfectly complementing her black Miu Miu gown accented with metallic swallows and Fred Leighton jewelry, Williams’ cropped plat
This special guest post is from American Crew Creative Director Craig Hanson: Cool was redefined in the 1950s as the mix of rock and roll, blues and country, combined together with a rebellious style and attitude. Those who followed this tre
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- CALL TO ACTION: Midwest Beauty Professionals Affected by Devastating Tornadoes Need Your Help! May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...