Featured in the May issue of American Salon, L’Oréal Professionnel colorist Andre Luis presents his look, Havana, inspired by Cuba’s capital. It is the first of four looks in the L’Oréal Professionnel 2013 Balayage Voyage, a collection of illuminating hair styles inspired by exotic locations around the world. Check out our blog throughout the month [...]
Becoming an eco-friendly salon can seem like a daunting task, but these salons—seen in “It’s Easy Being Green” in our April issue—have more to share about how they took the plunge. Stephanie Schmidt, Verde Salon, Chandler, AZ: Stephanie Schmid
Seasonal change from winter to spring requires an update to clients’ haircare routines. Here, stylist and salon owner Nathan Cheli shares his salon-tested tips for taking the best possible care of clients’ hair as the days grow warmer.
To help professionals stay relevant to the changing skincare market and to align with transforming client needs, Dermalogica is hosting a series of educational guest speaker evenings called Fast Forward. Annet King, director of global education for T
Oribe shares his secrets to getting model Carolyn Murphy’s look for the cover of WSJ. Magazine.
Parks and Recreation’s on-set hairdresser Terrie V. Owen shares her secrets for styling Pawnee’s favorite public officials.
We showcased this gorgeous look by Marie Ferro, owner of Marie’s Hair Studio in Malibu, CA, in our October issue. Here, she shares the Goldwell formula for achieving the dimensional copper-gold hue: 1. Pre-lighten the hair starting 1 inch from t
Jennifer Aniston Ian Michael Black, Aveda’s North American artistic director for color provided the formula using Aveda color for this sunlit Jennifer Aniston look on clients with level 6 hair color and old highlights: Formulas Aveda Enlightene
On Monday, the highly anticipated Met Ball in New York City celebrated the Met’s new exhibition, Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, for renowned Italian designers Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada. Here are some of our favorite loo
From wardrobes to hairstyles, AMC’s popular series Mad Men has ignited a 1960s resurgence. If it hasn’t already happened, you’re bound to have a client request that you recreate the shoulder-length elegance of the Betty Draper’s signature sty
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...