Laboratory Hair Studio in Morristown, NJ, recently hosted a national launch event for the signature Oribe luxury haircare product line, created by iconic celebrity hairstylist Oribe Canales. As part of the event, Oribe gave a three-hour demonstration and training session for the salon staff. He styled six models during the session with new looks that [...]
Last week, I was in the audience as Redken unveiled the latest installment of its The Hair Files online video series last week to a group of editors at the Redken Exchange in NYC. Like the previous videos, Healthy, Shiny Hair: Start to Finish and
At the grand reopening celebration for the Patrick Melville Salon and Spa in New York City’s Rockefeller Plaza, American Salon Editor in Chief Marianne Dougherty and I got to check out the beautiful new spaceâ€”and see some of the bold-faced
American Salon’s Eastern Region Account Manager, Jamie Corkran, recently visited Angelo David Hair Salon in NYC to update her style. While there, she posed with (from left) Redken Master Specialist Danny Pierce; salon owner David Stanko, a Redken col
Just a reminder to register for Monday’s Redken webinar The Power of PR: Getting Press For Your Salon, featuring American Salon’s very own editor in chief, Marianne Dougherty, and Redken Senior Director of Public Relations Darienne Howe. They will sh
Recently, my dear friend Katie Crawford asked me to do her hair for her upcoming nuptials. How could I resist? We have been friends forever, and she is the closest thing to my sister. Knowing Katie, no stone would be left unturned, and this weekend w
Hairstylist Cristiano Cora recently held an Advanced Creative Cutting and Color class at his Manhattan salon, Cristiano Cora Studio, with support from Davines that was attended by stylists from the United States and abroad. The hands-on workshops, wh
Eva Scrivo recently hosted a launch party at her newest salon location in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District on West 13th Street, which complements the flagship salon on Bond Street. The second floor 5,000-square-foot loft space, located in a former wa
On Monday, I attended a celebration of Patrick Wellingtonâ€™s 25 years in the haircare industry at his eponymous salon, Wellington Hair Spa, in Manhattanâ€™s Chelsea neighborhood. The event was hosted by haircare brand Mizani and Stacie
Last week, American Salon Senior Editor Lori Morris and I checked out Rare Salonâ€™s new Redken Color Lab at a launch party attended by press members and VIP clients. Ruth Roche, the founder of the salon, which is located in the Tribeca
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...