At the Andy & Debb show at Bryant Park, the design duo’s highly textured collection was complemented by hair and makeup that really let the clothes take center stage. The hair, created by David Cruz for Phyto, was very clean and simple, inspired by the fresh, beautiful locks of young girls. Cruz prepped the hair with Phytovolume [...]
When David Cruz for Phyto first viewed Elise Overland’s Fall 2010 collection, he saw it as “very strong, very powerful.” To soften the overall look, he decided to create a loose chignon-like updo. The front of the hair had a bit of height, which Cruz
To complement Karen Walker’s Fall 2010 Collection, the hair, nails and makeup were minimal. Below, watch a video of CND’s Jan Arnold describing the clean and sheer nail coloring. The hairstyle created by Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble fea
The fall 2010 collection of GANT by Michael Bastian was presented in a sports-inspired setting: The space was set up as part locker room, part lacrosse field, part tarmac. It perfectly corresponded to the classic, masculine collection, which in turn
I just got back from the Christian Siriano show, which is always a ton of fun—and a little bit insane! (Those of you who watched him on Project Runway will understand why!) As usual, both the clothes and the hair were elegant and stunning. Antoinet
This morning I headed backstage at Exit Art in Manhattan to check out the hair, makeup and nails at the Ruffian show. Lead stylist for Bumble and bumble Neil Moodie described the inspiration for the hair as “a French girl who visits the moon.” Moodie
I loved the hair at Organic by John Patrick Fall/Winter 2010 Fashion Week show. Lead stylist Odile Gilbert for Aveda created a modern twist on the Brigitte Bardot “pouf” to complement the collection. “Our collection this season is centered arou
After a personal invitation from Giorgio Armani, hair icon Oribe flew to Paris for the designer’s Armani Privé fashion show during Paris Couture Week last week. To go along with the lunar-inspired collection, Oribe created crescent-shaped updos for
For the Cynthia Steffe show, key stylist Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble kept things simple. “I was inspired by the early ’70s,” he said, referring to the middle part with some texture he created for the runway. Stylists didn’t need to use ma
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...