I made an early exit from the Kim Kardashian show in order to run over to see the backstage preparations for one of my favorite designers, Vera Wang. Jimmy Paul for Bumble and bumble gave the models a Brigitte Bardot-inspired, half-up hairstyle that mixed a partial French twist with soft, loose strands. He used Bb [...]
Despite the snow falling on NYC today, I headed over to Stage 37 for the debut of Kim Kardashian’s line for bebe, part of Elle’s Style360 event. The hair and makeup were heavily inspired by the designer herself, with an effortless glamour that ga
It might have been early, but the backstage area of Zac Posen’s Fall 2010 Collection show was a flurry of hair, nails and makeup—and plenty of coffee. of course. For hair, Odile Gilbert for L’Oreal Professionnel created a middle-parted, wavy look u
Inspired by Nico of the Velvet Underground, Erin Fetherston’s Fall 2010 Collection brought together bohemian styles with rock’n'roll tailoring. Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil followed that lead and gave all of the models long, straight hair with drama
Shown beneath the tents at Bryant Park, Herve Leger’s sophistication-meets-urban-edge Fall 2010 Collection was beautifully complemented by natural, free-flowing “undone ponytails,” styled by Bob Recine for Moroccanoil. He used one product—Luminous
At the Carmen Marc Valvo show, held at the NASDAQ building in Times Square, guests like Ugly Betty’s Vanessa Williams and Ana Ortiz were treated to a collection inspired by the Chinese film Lust Caution. The movie, an espionage flick set in the 1940s
Jill Stuart is known for her clothes’ rocker-chic vibe, so longtime styling partner Bob Recine’s “Kate Moss at 3am” inspiration was right in line with her collection. “The look is a rock ‘n’ roll girl whose hair is danced out,” Recine said. “There’s
At this morning’s Carolina Herrera show, Orlando Pita abandoned his usual updos and opted for simple, straight hair with a side part and a little lift. Pita prepped the hair with Moroccanoil Styling Cream throughout the entire head and Oil Treatmen
At the Alexander Wang show at Pier 94, Redken lead stylist Guido gave the models an exaggerated hairstyle that was “super cool, grungy and tomboy-ish.” Forceful 23 was the main ingredient in this look, which featured a low side part, natural texture
For the presentation of Behnaz Sarafpour’s Fall 2010 Collection, Roxanne Valinoti for CND styled the nails. Below, watch a video of her describing the design. As for the models’ faces, the key makeup artist was Gordon Espinet for M.A.C. Cosmetics.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...