For the Carlos Campos show, Cesar Ramirez, lead stylist for Catwalk by TIGI, created a look inspired by free-spirited men with a well-traveled, effortless style. The look, which was supposed to look “free, but not completely messy,” was achieved by using Your Highness Root Boost to dirty the hair and give it texture, then the [...]
For the Rag & Bone show, held in NYC’s Meatpacking District, the look was both sexy and a little rugged, inspired by a traveler who has just finished a long journey. “It looks kinda wrong, but also kinda right,” said Guido, lead stylist for Redke
Cynthia Rowley let the streets outside Condé Nast, Hearst and Time Inc. become public runways for her 2011 Resort Collection presentation on June 15. Salon owner and Redken stylist Rodney Cutler created loose topknots to complement the bold geometri
Chloë Sevigny presented her Resort collection for Opening Ceremony at a garden tea party at Elizabeth Street Gallery in New York City on June 8. Her influential friends modeled springtime dresses, layered knitwear, accessories and shoes from Sev
HELLO FRIENDS! IT’S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN TO PUT ON THAT FANCY OUTFIT AND PAINT THE TOWN RED, PLEASE COME JOIN ME AND THE PAUL MITCHELL FAMILY ON APRIL 22ND AT DESTINATION 1610 FOR A NIGHT OF FASHION, BEAUTY, ART, COCKTAILS, NETWORKING, AND
For my final fashion show of the fall/winter 2010 season, I headed over to Bryant Park to see the stunning J. Mendel presentation. For the hair, Ted Gibson for L’Oreal Professionnel wanted to echo the designer’s clean lines and effortless sexiness.
Being at the Victor de Souza show was like stepping into the future–or onto another planet. Inspired by the shape of the designer’s couture clothes, lead stylist Danilo for Phyto created a “sculptural updo with a dramatic silhouette. ” Because man
I look forward to the Nanette Lepore show each season because she’s one of my favorite designers and I always love the way she works with the hair, makeup and nail teams to perfectly complement her collections. The fall line featured lots of Renaissa
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was fresh out of bed and slightly undone. For the hair, key stylist for Redken Guido used Fabricate 03, then dried the hair with his hands, letting the natural texture come through. “It’s very simple, a little g
The creme de la creme of the fashion world showed up for the Rodarte show at Gagosian Gallery, with Vogue’s Anna Wintour (minus her trademark sunglasses) and Grace Coddington, Elle’s Joe Zee and Project Runway judge Nina Garcia getting front row seat
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...