The inspiration behind the Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti show was a 1940s Hawaiian beauty pageant, with clothes and shoes featuring bright colors and fun, Asian-inspired prints. To complement the fashion, lead hairstylist Paul Hanlon for TIGI created a look with a 1940s Rita Hayworth feel, but gave it a younger and fresher update. “It’s supposed [...]
At the Juan Carlos Obando show, lead stylist Didier Malige for Number 4 High Performance Hair Care created a messy knot that looked effortless but chic. “It’s a style that’s attainable for every woman,” Malige said. To create the look, Malige and the
Although Jill Stuart’s shows usually feature models with flowing, sexy hair, lead stylist for Guido Palau created a loose knot for the Spring 2011 runway presentation. “The clothes have a lot of color and detail, so I wanted to pull the hair into an
Lead Makeup for M.A.C Tom Pecheux perfectly summed up the geometric looks at the Spring 2011 Joseph Altuzarra show, “It’s not a season of being pretty, it’s a season of being strong.” In terms of makeup that meant deep contouring based on
Eric Kim’s manned up Mik Cire line featuring more street and grungy vibes for Spring served muse for Lead Hair for Phyto Sean James and ‘90s inspired hair. Key products for the range of looks were Phyto Professional Fiber Paste, Workable Hold
Healthy, youthful looks complemented the more muted, sporty collection of the Spring Lacoste show at Lincoln Center Saturday. Drawing inspiration from Bo Derek’s braids and beads and ‘90s minimalism, Lead Hair for Redken Luke Hersheson create
Casual, disheveled locks from Lead Hair for Redken Jenny Balding complement the tropical, travel-friendly Spring 2011 looks at Gilded Age. The just-returned from vacation styling provided much needed warmth on the chilly Terrace of the Bowery Ho
At the Tim Hamilton menswear presentation, the hair was more elegant and retro than rockstar cool, according to lead stylist Ramona Eschbach for Oribe. “The look was really tight sides and back, with some length on top,” she said. “For added interest
At the Costello Tagliapietra show, lead artist Nelson Velcher and the rest of his team from the Rita Hazan Salon in NYC, created a formal chignon with a modern twist. “This style is a throwback to ‘the lady’,” Velcher said. “A time when women used to
While Chris Isaak’s “Wicked Game” played in the background, models strutted their stuff on the Jen Kao runway, which was made completely of sand and included a braided pattern. This same braided pattern was also found in various other aspects of the
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...