The swank Academy Mansion in Manhattan’s Upper East Side was the setting for last night’s Juicy Couture spring 2012 presentation, which featured shorts and jackets with a nautical influence and bright preppy dresses and pants. To complement the clothes, lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Duffy created beachy, effortless waves. “If there’s a point of reference I [...]
American Salon Goes Backstage With Sebastian Professional at Alice + Olivia’s Spring 2012 Lookbook Photo Shoot
This afternoon I had the exclusive experience of going backstage with Sebastian Professional at the photo shoot for Alice + Olivia’s spring 2012 lookbook. Sebastian Professional has partnered with Alice + Olivia—a favorite fashion brand of celebs l
Natural, effortless, beauty was the theme at the Spring 2012 Rag & Bone fashion show. Guido, the lead hairstylist for Redken, wanted to create his own version of the “mid-nineties British rave culture” with simple yet glamorous styles.
In this new educational video, Cara Crafton from the Number Four High Performance Hair Care Pro Team shows you how to recreate the messy knot from the Juan Carlos Obando spring 2011 runway show:
Backstage at the Cynthia Rowley show, Redken’s Rita Marmor was collaborating closely with the designer to create a soft, airy updo. “I imagined a girl who is delicate, but still wants to have fun; elegant, but never uptight,” Marmor said. To st
At the Organic by John Patrick presentation this morning, lead stylist for Aveda Antoinette Beenders was creating a textured, natural look to complement the organic clothing line. “The clothes reminded me of Glastonbury in England—an effortless f
During Fashion Week, I stopped by the RV/FW10 Fashion Week Retreat, hosted by stylist Robert Verdi at his Manhattan Luxe Laboratory. After getting pampered with a blowout from Michele Capua, a hairstylist at NYC’s Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa, a mani
Zang Toi brought a Lone Star State of mind to Lincoln Center last night with his Spring 2011 collection of fringed pants, embellished evening gowns and hair that proves everything is bigger in Texas. Lead Hair for Moroccanoil Eiji Yamane, of Eiji Sal
The 3.1 Phillip Lim spring 2011 collection was inspired by the female dandy. For the hair, “Philip wanted something very easy, a style models could do themselves,” said Odile Gilbert, lead stylist for Phyto, who created a messy chignon with a twisted
When coming up with the hair design for the Badgley Mischka show, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray took inspiration from the movie White Mischief, which chronicles the sex- and drug-filled lifestyles of wealthy, self-righteous Brits living lar
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...