This year Designer Rachel Roy did something new and showcased her fall/winter 2013 collection online in a digital fashion show that was officially released on February 14. Shot at the beginning of fashion week, Ted Gibson, owner of Ted Gibson Salons, and his team created the hair for the three models donning Roy’s collection that [...]
The show was Marc Jacobs and the look was Joan Jett meets Marianne Faithfull meets punk rock chic— with the help of Redken Creative Consultant Guido and Francois Nars, founder and creative director of Nars Cosmetics, the look was achieved. Shown
From the hair to the clothes, it was all about the independent, strong woman at the Joie Fall/Winter 2013 presentation. Lead stylist for Joie was Duffy for Oribe Hair Care who really took on the inspiration of the independent woman in combination wi
Knifes, blood, gore, straight jackets and straight up psychos were all the rage for The Blonds Fall/Winter 2013 show at Milk Studios as a part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. In creating the collection, The Blonds, designers David and Phillipe Blon
For Katya Leonovich’s Fall/Winter 2013 collection, the models looked like walking angels, thanks to Antonio Corral Calero for Moroccanoil who created gorgeous halo-like styles that perfectly exemplified the pretty and ethereal collection by Leonovich
For the Fall/Winter 2013 Parkchoonmoon collection, Korean designer Demi Choonmoo Park was inspired by glaciers in the Arctic Sea. To exmplify the looks of the clothes, Choonmoon embraced neutrals of eggshell and light gray for the huge padded coats,
For Haus Alkire’s Fall 2013 show, Catwalk by TIGI Creative Director Heath Grout prepped models’ hair at the New York City TIGI Academy, his third season working with the fashion designer couple. Inspiration for the fall 2013 collection came from phot
At Reed Krakoff’s spring 2013 show, Redken Creative Consultant Guido created a wet-looking ponytail that perfectly fit his idea of who the Reed Krakoff woman is: a sophisticated city-dweller who is grounded in the present. To get the look, which he s
When designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka shared the inspiration for their spring 2013 Badgley Mischka collection—a 1930s version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream—with lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray, Gray put his imagination to work
There was no period reference for the sleek, straight looks Orlando Pita, lead stylist for Moroccanoil, created for Carolina Herrera’s spring 2013 show. To achieve the chic, modern style, Pita added extensions as needed to create a uniform length, ap
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...