This afternoon I had the exclusive experience of going backstage with Sebastian Professional at the photo shoot for Alice + Olivia’s spring 2012 lookbook. Sebastian Professional has partnered with Alice + Olivia—a favorite fashion brand of celebs like Kourtney Kardashian, Nicky Hilton, Jordin Sparks and Michelle Trachtenberg—for the past two fashion week seasons. At the [...]
American Salon Goes Backstage With Sebastian Professional at Alice + Olivia’s Spring 2012 Lookbook Photo Shoot
We just loved Michelle Williams’ elegant look at the annual Met Ball, held on Monday at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Perfectly complementing her black Miu Miu gown accented with metallic swallows and Fred Leighton jewelry, Williams’ cropped plat
Salon furniture and equipment maker Pibbs is making waves in Hollywood. The popular salon equipment will be featured in a new series being filmed called A Mann’s World, starring Don Johnson as a hairdresser looking to jump-start his business by build
Forget ballerina buns; Black Swan star Natalie Portman opted for soft and sophisticated ponytail at last night’s People’s Choice Awards. Her stylist, John D, told us how he used Phyto products to get the look: John D. started by prepping Portman’
Tune in to Oxygen this coming Tuesday, Aug. 10, for Hair Battle Spectacular, a new TV series that pits 10 outrageous stylists against each other to see who can create the most spectacular fantasy hair designs and win the $100,000 prize. Hosted by act
On Friday night, I was lucky enough to attend the world premiere of Vidal Sassoon: the Movie at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City. The inspiring documentary, which we previewed in our May issue (page 26), shows how the legendary hair guru ro
Paul Gooch—one of the most gifted hairdressers working in films today was Director Tim Burton’s go-to guy for creating the fantasy hair creations in Disney’s remake of Alice In Wonderland. Here, he reveals all that was involved in getting the hair
M∙A∙C Cosmetics and the M∙A∙C AIDS Fund have announced Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper as the new Viva Glam spokeswomen. As part of the “From Our Lips” campaign, M∙A∙C is selling Viva Glam Gaga and Viva Glam Cyndi lipsticks, and 100% of the se
Several celebrity stylists used Moroccanoil products to get stars looking glamorous for the 52nd-annual Grammy Awards. Here’s how they did it: Jennifer Lopez, styled by Robert Vetica For Jennifer Lopez’s 70′s-inspired hair, featuring lots of vo
One of the most talked about performances at Sunday’s Grammy Awards was Pink’s daredevil trapeze routine. While the singer wore a barely there body suit, her dancers were covered in Mehron Makeup’s body paint. “Mehron’s Metallic Powder in G
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...