On Tuesday I headed to the Gagosian Gallery for the eagerly anticipated Rodarte show, which was attended by Kirsten Dunst and Elijah Wood. Backstage, lead stylist for Aveda Odile Gilbert was creating chignons from ponytails that were laced up and wrapped for added interest. Stylists first applied a new Aveda productâ€”Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener (launching [...]
On Tuesday I headed to the Gagosian Gallery for the eagerly anticipated Rodarte show, which was attended by Kirsten Dunst and Elijah Wood. Backstage, lead stylist for Aveda Odile Gilbert was creating chignons from ponytails that were laced up and w
Winter may have descended upon us, but Leonor Greyl has just introduced a secret weapon against the threat of dry, damaged hair. It’s called Masque Quintessence. The deeply hydrating mask was formulated with two nourishing and repairing oils: cupuacu
So, I think we all know about my not-so-secret obsession with reality shows that revolve around fashion and beauty by now. Well, before there was Shear Genius or Project Runway or Tabatha’s Salon Takeover, there was Blow Out, which followed the love-
Even before I started working in the beauty industry, I was a big fan of both Kerastase Paris and T3 products. I used to splurge on Kerastase shampoos and conditioners whenever I visited my salon, and I always coveted the T3 tools (I now have a somew
I’ve been a huge fan of Debra Messing since she started on the show Ned and Stacey back in 1995. It might be because of her similarity to the incredible Lucille Ball, who put me to sleep almost nightly growing up
If you’ve read our October issue, you’ve seen all the great men’s products we featured in the magazine (pages 55-60). Well, I wanted to clue you into a couple more men’s grooming lines that can really help grow your male clientÃ¨le and increase you
As I mentioned earlier, I’m going to be posting about products and companies that support BCA throughout the month. Here are a couple to get you started in making a difference: A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Susan Posnick Cosmetics COLOR
In the October issue of American Salon, we highlight some amazing ways beauty companies are pitching in to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (see pages 110-112). Throughout October, I’ll be writing about other products and companies that
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...