Napoleon Perdis introduced his new fall makeup collection, The Divine Marchesa, at a press event at his apartment in New York City earlier this week. The collection is exclusive to Napoleon Perdis concept stores and ULTA nationwide. â€œNapoleon Perdis is a brand that resonates with our customers,â€ said Lynn Kirby, CEO of ULTA, who attended [...]
When owning a color-focused salon, itâ€™s important to find a manufacturer that supports our color work and the clientâ€™s investment with color protecting products. At my New York City salon, Rare, we’ve partnered with Pureology, and
I recently had the opportunity to try La-Brasiliana’s Keratin Treatment with Collagen at the hip Senses New York Salon & Spa in the Flatiron district in Manhattan. Iâ€™ve always dreamed of being able to wash my hair and let it dry natura
Kenra just launched two innovative styling products to fight summer’s bad hair days: Shine Spray and Shine Serum. Shine Spray, a superfine aerosol mist containing sunflower seed extract, cosmetic-grade silicones and hydrolyzed silk, controls frizz an
Laboratory Hair Studio in Morristown, NJ, recently hosted a national launch event for the signature Oribe luxury haircare product line, created by iconic celebrity hairstylist Oribe Canales. As part of the event, Oribe gave a three-hour demonstration
We are very sad to report that Guy Mascolo, an industry legend who, with his brother Toni, founded Toni&Guy, has died suddenly after suffering a massive heart attack. Please see the full obituary below. Obituary – Guy Mascolo, February 29,
We are very sad to report that Guy Mascolo, an industry legend who, with his brother Toni, founded Toni&Guy, has died suddenly after suffering a massive heart attack. Please see the full obituary below. Obituary – Guy Mascolo, February 29, 194
I had the pleasure of meeting makeup artist Paula Dorf last week to learn about her successful makeup company, Paula Dorf Cosmetics, and talk to her about her career. (I was impressed to learn that her resume includes doing makeup for the band KISS,
Enough with the rainâ€”we’re ready for summer already! Haircare manufacturers are gearing up for summer, too, with a host of new releases to protect strands from the damaging elements of summer: sun, salt water and chlorine. With so many clients
International Beauty Show (IBS) New York, presented by American Salon, starts THIS Sunday, April 26! Register now for access to amazing artists and educatorsâ€”including Kim Vo, Christo, Orlando Pita, Nick Arrojo, Sh
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...