Luxury cosmetics and beauty company Sisley is partnering with the American Cancer Society as a sponsor in the organization’s Choose You movement, which encourages women to put their health first and make healthy lifestyle choices that can reduce their cancer risk. Sisley will help spread awareness and raise money for the cause with a limited-edition [...]
In our March issue, we gave you a sneak peek into the spring nail color collections from OPI, CND and Essie. “Spring 2011 nails will be chic and retro-inspired,” says Roxanne Valinoti, education training manager for CND. Take a look at the rest of th
In our March issue, we introduced you to the new Redken Gold Rush collection and gave you Tracey Cunningham’s tips on using the new shades to warm up brunettes for spring. Here, Cunningham shares what’s hot for redheads and blondes: Redheads: “T
Creating a soft, low chignon knot at the nape of the neck, Guido, lead stylist for Redken created a look inspired by the 1970′s French Emmanuelle films and the Victorian era. Guido started by center parting the hair and pulling it back with his f
On Wednesday evening, Young Hollywood gathered at the Andy Lecompte Salon in Los Angeles for the launch party for Black 15in1, a styling/healing product that aims to solve 15 hair problems at once. Celebrities in attendance included Mena Suvari, Ashl
It’s time to start gearing up for the holiday season! Adding gift sets and limited-edition holiday items to your retail selection can boost profits and help make last-minute gift-giving easy for your clients. Here are some of the items you can offer.
In the past year and a half, I’ve tried two different keratin smoothing treatments on my hair. After both treatments, I loved the way my hair felt for months afterward, but I have to admit that the amount of time needed inside the salon to get thi
Beauty companies across the United States are gearing up to fight breast cancer during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October by donating proceeds from the sale of limited-edition products to a variety of treatment and research charities. Pink is i
We’re two weeks into summer, and I’m already obsessed with a few products that are helping me brave the beach each weekend. You’ll be seeing some of them in upcoming issues of the magazine, but I didn’t want you to miss out on using them even earlier
I recently had the opportunity to try out Plantogen’s new Manuka Honey Mask, which was used in my amazing facial at Ohm Spa in Manhattan. What makes it so special? Plantogen uses “active” honey produced by bees that gather pollen from manuka bushe
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...