Splish Salon, an eco-friendly salon in Conifer, Colorado, will host their second annual Flip the Earth community event on August 29th and 30th. The weekendâ€™s activities include a red carpet hair and fashion show, a dance company performance, a meet and greet with new talent from the Paul Mitchell Institute and a make-up event. The [...]
The finalists have just been announced for the 2009 British Hairdressing Awards, which is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year. Launched in 1984 by Hairdressers Journal International and sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional, the awards will fe
Environmentally friendly hair care company Pravana Natureceuticals is asking salons to do their part to save the earth. To aid salons in this goal, the company has put together a list of easy ways to make your salon more “green.” Encourage colori
With October just around the corner, Look Good… Feel Better is launching a new in-salon awarness campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. Now in its 20th year, the beauty industry’s flagship charity was created in 1989 to help
Michelle Obama fooled everyone into thinking she had chopped off her hair last night when she debuted a shorter summer bob at a country music event at the White House. The First Lady’s hairstylist, Johnny Wright, later explained that Obama’s new ‘do
CND held a press event in Manhattan to announce the companyâ€™s biggest launch in 10 years. Coming this fall: 50 rich crÃ¨me colors that can be customized by adding one of 15 Special Effects in hues ranging from lavender to gold. Choose from t
Pureology Serious Colour Care is the exclusive haircare and styling sponsor for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC). Pureology is helping build awareness of this disease with its limited edition Break the Silence PureVolume Collection, which
Renowned editorial stylist Odile Gilbert joined with Leonor Greyl to create the distinctive looks in the company’s 2009 sumer collection. The sensual, natural hairstyles seen on model Marpessa Hennink were intended to showcase the Leonor Greyl pr
Sebastian Professional recently sponsored Hollywood Life magazineâ€™s 11th Annual Young Hollywood Awards in Los Angeles, CA. Sebastian partnered with the stylist team from Hollywood’s Hairroin Salon to offer pre-event services and treatment
Independence Day meant only one thing: Summer is now in full swing. Toasty temperatures may be good for the mind, but not so much the hair, which often ends up dried-out and frizzy from the damaging effects of sun, saltwa
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...