The opulent St. Regis hotel hosted Jason Wu’s spring ’10 show, which was definitely a hot ticket this season, no small thanks to Michelle Obama, who wore one of his dresses to the inaugural ball. The collection featured hooks, wraps and transparent texture, elements that lead hairstylist for Aveda Odile Gilbert incorporated into the hairstyle, [...]
The glamorous nightclub space M2 was the setting for Cesar Galindo’s dramatic show, which featured brightly colored dresses, many embellished with architectural curves and ruffles. Holli Smith for Redken chose to keep hair simple, styling the mod
Monique Lhuillier’s spring ’09 collection was presented at Christie’s, an apt location for the glamorous designs, which were inspired by Maasai warriors. Backstage, Laurent Philippon for Bumble and bumble was styling the models’ hair into crimped
The Emmys are around the corner and celebrity stylist Kim Vo will be covering the latest beauty and style trends for TV Guide on September 20. Here are some of his predictions for the red carpet on Emmy night: â€¢ This year we are going to see
When I recently visited Eva Scrivo’s eponymous salon in Manhattan to try out the new Wella Professionals Color Touch demipermanent haircolor, Eva took a look at my brunette shade and said, “I’m thinking…red.” Normally I might feel a bit cautious ab
Former Dallas Cowboy and Sport Clips Board Member Jay Novacek and Jan and Mark Mansfield, Sport Clips area developers for North and West Texas, teamed up with Dallas- and Fort Worth-area Sport Clips stylists at the recent Cowboys Stadium Silver and B
Frank Gironda Salon and Day Spa, a Pureology salon in Naperville, IL, partnered with its neighbor, Zanos Salon, to raise awareness about ovarian cancer by holding a contest that raised $2,000 for the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC). The
Marianne Dougherty and Brett Vinovich, American Salon’s editor-in-chief and publisher, respectively, attended The Paul Mitchell Gathering in Las Vegas in July. Brett posed with a giant blow-up of the magazine’s August cover, created by the Paul Mitch
Julien Farel and a team of stylists from his eponymous salon will once again be the exclusive on-site stylists at the 2009 US Open in Flushing, NY, where they will be pampering world-renowned tennis players, coaches and VIPs for the third year ru
FrÃ©dÃ©ric Fekkai recently launched a luxury haircare line called Fekkai Advanced to the New York City beauty press at an exclusive event at The Glasshouses in Chelsea. Itâ€™s the first product launch Fekkai has undertaken since the brand ca
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...