Redken Creative Consultant Guido created the above look for the fall ’09 Prada show in Milanâ€”think you can reinvent it into something a little more wearable for your clients? If so, you’ll want to enter Redken’s Runway Reinvention Styling Contest for a chance to win a week-long trip to New York City from January 31 [...]
This week was all about the textures of peoples’ hair and how to change them. I.E.Â Perms and relaxers! We started the week learning about PH (Potential Hydrogen) and Acid and Alkaline and the affects they have on the hair. We also watched a video
Here’s a look at a few more great items that raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Company: J Beverly Hills Product: ADDBODY Shampoo and Conditioner and reusable tote Charity: $1.50 for every set sold will be donated to breast cancer re
On Tuesday, I posted a list of companies offering products that raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Take a look at even more great items that give back to the cause: Company: Paul Mitchell Product: Pink Express Ion Smooth 1.25 Ch
Hey! Well week two was amazing! We got straight into color. The first day we spent in class learning about all the fantastic Paul Mitchell color products. I like Paul Mitchell’s color products because they try to be as damage-free and rejuvinating as
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, many haircare and skincare companies are offering products that raise money for the cause. Here’s a glimpse of some items that give back:
As you know, Mercedes-Benz Spring 2010 Fashion Week has taken over our lives and our blog the past couple of weeks. While we still have more shows and trends to reveal, we’re going to put our backstage coverage on hold for a bit for a very important
Backstage at Cynthia Rowley’s spring ’10 show, lead stylist Bok-Hee for Redken told me she wanted the models hairstyles to make them look like “girls who were perfect but went renegade.” The look, a looped ponytail with rolled bangs in front, had a m
The Tent at Bryant Park hosted the Max Azria Spring ’10 collection on Tuesday, Sept. 15. The hair and makeup were simple, yet elegant, to complement the collection’s uncomplicated sophistication. The Barex Italiana Style Team, led by hairstylist Reci
As you’ll read about in our October issue, we have a new addition to our blogging team: Hanna Compton, a new Future Professional (that’s Paul Mitchell speak for “student”) at The Cao Institute of Aesthetics, A Paul Mitchell Partner School. Starting t
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...