I just got back from a L’Oreal Professionnel event at Warren-Tricomi Salon in NYC. Along with learning about L’Oreal Professionnel’s new fall/winter Rock ‘n’ Folk collection from Joel Warren, I also got a chance to have my hair cut by the fabulous Edward Tricomi. Although I wasn’t planning on changing up my style, he suggested [...]
Artist and fashion designer Susan Cianciolo showed her spring ’10 collection in a lofty space Downtown. A sitar player provided the sound track for the presentation, which featured eco-friendly designs made from recycled, repurposed and organic mater
At Rodarte, lead stylist for Aveda Odile Gilbert created an edgy yet organic look, with matte, roughed-up hair pinned away from the face in a braidlike cascade and wrapped in a thin veil of black wool that echoed the collectionâ€™s knits an
Makeup legend Francois Nars is celebrating the 15th anniversary of his Nars makeup line with a limited-edition photography book, 15X15. The book features 15 celebrities, including Marc Jacobs, Naomi Campbell, Amber Valletta, Shalom Harlow, Isabella R
Fromm International has moved its corporate headquarters and distribution center to a new, larger building in Mt. Prospect, IL, to better meet the needs of its clients. The state-of-the-art warehouse and distribution center features 32 feet of new fl
Jill Stuart showed her spring ’10 collection at the New York Public Library, with notable guests like Nikki Hilton and Rachel Bilson in attendance. I talked to lead hairstylist for Phyto Bob Recine backstage to get the scoop on the hairstyles he was
We’ve been busy here at American Salon, but we still have some fun backstage fashion week coverage to share with you!
An important message to our readers and advertisers: You may have already heard news of American Salonâ€™s parent company, Questex Media Group, filing for voluntary Chapter 11 petitions in Delaware. Questex has reached an agreement with its s
Don’t forget to follow me on twitter! I update it daily on what we do in class & such. http://twitter.com/hanna_compton
In anticipation of the October 15 launch of its new exclusive-edition Barbie Loves T3 Hair Dryer, T3 has created a website dedicated to Barbie’s iconic style. At BarbieLovesT3.com, visitors can view videos with step-by-step instructions on how to cre
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...