I just returned from a wonderful and inspiring trip to Las Vegas for the international finals of Goldwell Trend Zoom 2009 (being renamed Color Zoom for 2010). I was honored to be a judge for the United States finals back in June, but I loved being able to just enjoy the international competition as a [...]
On October 3, Elite Salon Systems hosted the third annual Pink Gala in Orlando, FL in memory of founder and breast cancer victim, Linda Martens. â€œSince our inception in 1981, my mother, Linda Martens, created the foundation of Elite Salon S
Letitia Carpenter, artisan and cosmetologist for Keune Haircosmetics, recently won the title of Mrs. Tennessee 2009. Carpenter represents Collierville, TN where she owns her salon, Classic Image Studio, and resides with h
Now that we’re out of core we have two weeks of assisting and learning from other future professionals on the floor until we get to take clients ourselves. How it works is in the morning we have class then after lunch we’re on the floor for the rest
In a new video on his website, Redken Platform Artist of the Year Sam Villa talks about where he sees the direction of hair heading. Check it out! (If the above link doesn’t work, visit http://samvilla.com/education.php?id_cat=13&id_subcat=67
Here, Part two of our three-part holiday series. Fruits & Passion Winter Berries Foaming Hand Soap Includes: $1 of the Hand Soap purchase is donated to Habitat for Humanity Price: $10 fruits-passion.com Gage for Men Responsible St
For the entire month of October, Adam Broderick Salon & Spa (Ridgefield, CT and Southbury, CT), is reminding people about the importance of breast cancer awareness by turning their buildings pink using professional lighting. In addition, owner Ad
Editorial hairstylist and salon owner Davide Torchio was selected to do the hair for fashion designer Cynthia Rowley’s latest film, Hide and Seek, which played in New York City taxicab TVs throughout Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and can still be se
The doo.Ri spring ’10 collection, shown at Bryant Park, featured a color palette in shades of gray with pops of blue and pinks and fabrics ranging from silk to jersey to tulle. To complement the collection, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita c
In desperate need of a color update and cut yesterday, I headed to the new Pepper Pastor Salon in Manhattan’s historic Southstreet Seaport neighborhood, where co-owner and stylist extraordinaire Pepper Pastor whipped my ‘do into shape. I was so i
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...