Arrojo recently launched their new YouTube channel, â€œArrojo TVâ€, to present videos on trends, products, hairstyling tips and the Arrojo team. Also on the channel, Nick Arrojo, who is best known as the hair makeover master on TLCâ€™s What Not to Wear, takes you on stage at trend shows and backstage during photoshoots. Featured on [...]
The National Cosmetology Association (NCA) recently appointed Linda Whitehurst as the new NCA Look Goodâ€¦Feel Better (LGFB) National Project Director. Whitehurst has been a NCA member since 1988 where she served as a state delegate, and is appro
The Beauty Bus Foundation (BBF), a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for homebound, terminally, or chronically ill people and their primary caregivers, was recognized by the Commission on Disabilities for its work and
TIGI Inspirational Youth, a team that receives training and mentoring on hairdressing techniques, presentation skills and trends from senior members of TIGI’s International Creative Team, recently rocked the house when they appeared on-stage at S
PureologyÂ and its website, pureology.com, recently won Gold at the International Academy of Visual Artâ€™s (IAVA) annual W3 Awards in the beauty and cosmetics category. TheÂ W3 Awards honor websites, web video and online marketing program
Make-Up Designory (MUD) is launching Tool School, a make-up tutorial, on its website Mudshop.com. Tool School will offer step-by-step tutorials on using each MUD product, and carefully explain the application process by pairing products with recommen
Making it through the recession can be challenging, but with knowledge and preparation, your worrying days can be over. If your business is in need of a makeover, educate yourself by attending Miladyâ€™s free webinar, Discover How to Make Mo
Does your service menu stand out from the competition, tell an interesting story or boast a unique design? If so, we’d like to feature it in American Salon. Please e-mail a digital file to email@example.com or send it snail-mail to: Lotus Abrams, A
On November 12, Bolt Barbers will celebrate their grand opening with a Hawks for Homeless fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA. At the event, barbers will volunteer to cut mohawks and faux hawks to help raise money for the Midnight Mission, a Los Angele
I just returned from a wonderful and inspiring trip to Las Vegas for the international finals of Goldwell Trend Zoom 2009 (being renamed Color Zoom for 2010). I was honored to be a judge for the United States finals back in June, but I loved being ab
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...