The International Salon & Spa Expo (ISSE), in cooperation with the Professional Beauty Association (PBA), will host the National Cosmetology Association‘s (NCA) Legends & Icons Charity Gala on Saturday, January 30, 2010 from 7:00 to 10:00 pm at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel (CA). The event will honor industry leaders who have made an [...]
Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Bismark Phillips Communications & Media (BPCM) appointed Julie Leong to its beauty division development team. Harms Software announced the addition of
All of us here at American Salon want to wish our readers a wonderful holiday season and a happy and healthy new year. We look forward to being your source for beauty news and happenings again in 2010!
New haircare line Unite Eurotherapy has put together an online retrospective of its favorite happenings from 2009. Highlights of the fast-growing brand’s first year include fashion shows and events, celebrity fans, product launches, international
The latest drink showing up in celebrity’s hands is Hint, pure water that’s accented with just a hint of natural flavorsâ€”without any sugar or artificial sweeteners. Famous fans include Miley Cyrus, Lauren Conrad from MTV’s The Hills, AnnaLynne
Show season is almost upon us and starts with the International Beauty Show and the IECSC show in New York City. If you havenâ€™t gone in a while or never gone, perhaps now is the time to make plans for a fabulous 2010 for your career and be
December has been really fun so far! Since its the holiday season and everyone wants to look good for their christmas photos and all that we’ve been pretty busy. So for the whole month of december we aren’t having specialty classes (color, texture, a
Ultimate Beauty Companies (UBC) recently donated $3,000 worth of professional haircare products to Working Wardrobes, an independent, nonprofit organization that helps men and women in crises, re-enter the workforce through wardrobing and career deve
In observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Tangles & Knots staff in New Bern, N.C., donated $1.00 for each client serviced during the month of October. Each dollar, as well as donations by clients, were collected in hot pink pails lo
Elisa Fischer is the new vice president of marketing for Martrix US. In her role, Fischer will lead the marketing division, drive business and continue to secure Matrixâ€™s position as one of the leading national beauty brands for professional s
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...