Hairdressers Vivienne Mackinder and Mark Hayes will team up for a Web show on hairdesignertv.com at 8 p.m. EST on June 7, 2010, when they will each demonstrate their respective signature cutting methods and share their vast knowledge as industry veterans. Mackinder and Hayes first met in staff training at Vidal Sassoon in London, where [...]
Broadway musical HAIR and its official haircare sponsor, Bumble and bumble, are teaming up to stage a “cut-in” at the Bumble and bumble Uptown salon in Manhattan on Monday, May 24. Bumble and bumble stylists will be giving free haircuts from 12pm-4pm
Act fast! Redken is giving away free copies of the Stylist’s Guide to Fashion Week as well as a Redken product featured inside the issue to all stylists who stop by The Gallerie on 5th Avenue during store hours today and tomorrow. Two very lucky wi
I recently had the opportunity to try out Plantogen’s new Manuka Honey Mask, which was used in my amazing facial at Ohm Spa in Manhattan. What makes it so special? Plantogen uses “active” honey produced by bees that gather pollen from manuka bushe
The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences recently presented Oleksandra Spa & Salon (O Spa) with the International Five Star Diamond Award. The salon and spa, which is located in the Treasure Island Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas), received the
Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Empire Education Group promotes Margie Wagner-Clews to vice president of educator development. In this role, Wagner-Clews is responsible for directing the
This Sunday, salons in various cities across the country will participate in the annual HopeCuts, a fundraiser to raise money for Cancer and HIV/AIDS. Since 1994, HopeCuts has raised more than $500,000 for the City of Hope National Medical Center
Biolage recently launched its Thank You Program, a year-long initiative to give back to salon owners, stylists, and their clients as a way of thanking them for their support of the the company. As part of this initiative, Biolage launched a virtual T
Legendary hairstylist Oribe closed out the 2010 Intercoiffure Miami event, held at the Fountainbleau Hotel on May 2 and 3, with a couture-themed runway show that channeled old Miami Beach decadence. Oribe sent eight models down the catwalk wearing ha
Two casting calls fresh from my email inbox (posting them in their entirety so I don’t leave anything out!): NEW REALITY TV SERIES LOOKING FOR HAIR AND MAKEUP STYLISTS!! Do you want to create the looks for celebrities and major fashion magazine
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...