Matrix announced its third group of semifinalists from more than 5,500 entries in the Matrix Mannequin Mania Contest. The 12 semifinalists for June received $1,000 and will go on to compete in the finals in their category (Stylist, Student, Salon Team or Matrix Friends & Family) for a shot at winning the Grand Prize—$25,000 and [...]
Time has been flying by this year. Lately we’ve been having a bunch of graduations. Its sad to see the people you’ve gotten to know so well all year long leave and not get to see them every day. And its just one more month until I graduate in Septemb
So.Cap.USA has just named Ashley Elmore of The Bachelor fame as spokesmodel for their She Hair Extensions this summer. All So.Cap.USA extensions are manufactured in Naples, Italy, and include 100 percent human hair and keratin protein tips that c
Jolie Hair and Beauty Academy (Ludlow, MA) recently expanded and updated its facilities and incorporated modern equipment into its esthetics program curriculum to accommodate the rapid growth of the esthetics and skincare field. “With the newly exp
L’Oréal Professionnel is hosting an interactive color certification Monday, July 19, from 10:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. at Luxe Lab Salon in Santa Monica, CA. For $25, enjoy a morning or afternoon of hors d’oeuvres, drinks a
Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Andis Company announced that Matthew K. Andis has been named president of the company. Empire Education Group named John Mascarini vice president of cur
Sunday I had the opportunity to try Om Aroma Co.’s Champagne Face Fix and Chardonnay Hand Fix at their lovely Beauty Bar in Limelight Marketplace in Manhattan. After the record-setting heat wave in the city, this quick organic facial was exactl
TIGI’s Rockaholic-Bed Head Tour Bus made stop at GBS, The Beauty Store in West Boca, FL, as part of their “Livin’ the Dream” tour in June. More than 100 women, ages 10 to 65 years old, lined up for for complimentary style consultations and
First of all, if you’ve never heard of ModelMayhem.com go check it out. ModelMayhem is a networking website for anyone in the beauty industry. There you can meet anyone and everyone interested in setting up photo shoots, events, etc. It ranges from
Matter of Trust’s Hair Clippings for Oil Spills program has received overwhelming support, with numerous hair donations from salons across the country pouring in. But according to Matt White and Andrew Pietz, founders of hairstylist education websi
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...