Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Eufora named Dee Fortier as international artistic director. Kao Professional Salon Services (KPSS) announced the appointment of Anthony Pucciarelli as president. Onesta Hair Care announced the promotion of Erika Peterson to vice president of operations. Pravana Naturceuticals appointed Irene Seferian [...]
In the beauty world, there are women who rarely deviate from their natural look. There are others who cling religiously to their neutral palette, black liner or red lipstick. And then, god love them, there are those wide-eyed, fashion-obsessives who
Oster Professional launched three trimmers in limited-edition camouflage colors and will donate a portion of each sold to Operation Homefront, a nonprofit that helps families of service members and those wounded in the military with emergency fin
Salon owners and managers, we want to hear from you! How do you help your clients get through the busy holiday season? Offer special promotions or retail items to boost retail sales and help clients take care of last minute gift giving? Offer relaxin
Still curious about the runway hairstyles in Paris and Milan this year? You’re in luck, they’re making another appearance at Studio DNA in Los Angeles August 27. Oribe, celeb stylist and salon owner, will demonstrate his famous styling techni
CND recognized T.J. Schafer as the Regional Manager of the Year for 2009 for his commitment to the nail care company’s philosophy and a decade of hard work. “He possesses a strong aptitude for managing complex business situations, epitomizes cust
Tune in to Oxygen this coming Tuesday, Aug. 10, for Hair Battle Spectacular, a new TV series that pits 10 outrageous stylists against each other to see who can create the most spectacular fantasy hair designs and win the $100,000 prize. Hosted by act
Dermalogica Academy hosted a grand opening celebration for the brand’s first undergraduate education facility with Step Up Women’s Network in New York City July 28. Actress Kelly Rutherford and Executive Director of Step Up Jenni Luke joined
While working as an intern here at American Salon, I just had the opportunity to be a hair model for the Cut and Know Why class at the Redken Exchange in New York City. I put my hair in the experienced hands of Danny Felstead, facilitator, with one s
Celeb-stylist Frank Barbosa created loose waves for Teresa Palmer on the set of The Sorcerer’s Apprentice. “I wanted a style that was both timeless and carefree,” Barbosa says. As on-set stylist he started each day by blow-drying her hair t
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...