All licensed beauty professionals can agree that the health and safety of clients is a major priority. The unfortunate and frightening truth is that there is an “underground economy” of unlicensed individuals knowingly offering services to the public, ranging from haircuts, manicures and pedicures, to facials and chemical peels, without the proper training, education and certifications. [...]
Year after year, the Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City brings together fashion’s elite to celebrate the museum’s latest exhibition in high style. This season highlighted PUNK: Chaos to Couture and s
L’Oréal Professionnel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage series continues with the second look in this exotic collection. Capri, created by L’Oréal Professionnel Hairstylist and Colorist Natalia Alves, is inspired by the breathtaking island off the
Try this month’s interactive Crossword Puzzle!
Join Matrix for a free online education experience that should not be missed, as they host 5 virtual classes through September. Join Matrix live in the new ColorInsider Digital Classroom and interact directly with world-class Matrix Artistic Director
Teresa Giudice of Real Housewives fame showed her support for Hurricane Sandy victims at the Cactus Salon & Spa benefit in Plainview, NY. The salon’s stylists offered exclusive blowouts, using Giudice’s Milania Professional Hair Care products
Pivot Point International, Inc. recently played host to 38 Pivot Point distributor partners at their global headquarters in Evanston, IL. The partners represented 55 countries from around the globe, including the United Kingdom, France, S
PBA offers opportunities and resources for online education for the entire beauty industry. CLICK HERE to learn about future web events and to browse our catalog of engaging, on-demand offerings. With healthcare reform changes just around the corn
Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute Support Those Affected by the Tragic Events in Boston
Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute are dedicating their support to the Boston community with a number of initiatives in the aftermath of the terrorist bombings. Throughout the month of May, designated class fees and fees for treatme
As more details emerge about PBA Beauty Week 2013, the excitement continues to grow! If you haven’t gotten your tickets yet, better hurry as June 14 is the last day for early-bird pricing to the beauty event of the year! Click here to purchase y
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...