HairUWear and Great Lengths are excited to announce that legendary front man for Aerosmith, Steven Tyler, will be joining the panel of judges for the 2nd Annual Great Lengths USA Challenge. “We’re thrilled!” says Brett Butcher, Great Length USA National Program Director. “If you think about it, Steven has probably had more celebrity influence over [...]
Sweis announced Glen Pacek, renowned beauty industry sales executive, as its new executive vice president of sales. Pacek joins Sweis after nine years at beauty industry distributor Maly’s and SalonCentric. During Pacek’s tenure, Maly’s sales doubled
Industry and beauty pros, media and Miss USA and Miss Universe title-holders attended Farouk Systems’ Be Safe Be Beautiful International Conference in late August. The event was staged at the Moon Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico. The first day includ
L’Oréal USA Professional Products Division (PPD) was awarded a Forrester Groundswell Award in the category of “Business to Business: Spreading” for its salon Facebook program. The program empowers more than 5,000 salons that partner with the v
Millennium Salon Software was featured on Season 3 episode 8 of The T.O. Show on VH1. T.O. Cutz Barbershop is owned by NFL wide receiver Terrell (T.O.) Owens, and barber Vinco “Peter” Bethel. Born in the Bahamas, Bethel is considered one of the U.S.’
At Sunday night’s Intercoiffure America/Canada Fall 2011 Celebrity Atelier, held at Manhattan’s Waldorf Astoria Hotel, renowned hairdresser Oribe was recognized for his 30 years in the industry with the prestigious Intercoiffure Visionnaire Award
Ken Kassidy, advocate and spokesperson for the salon and spa industry, passed away on October 11. His 40-year career included roles such as licensed hair designer, salon owner, educator, consultant and owner of Kassidy’s Salon Management Consultants.
Farouk Systems, makers of CHI and BioSilk, was a topic of conversation at the Republican debate on October 11. Texas Governor Rick Perry discussed creating an environment that brings jobs back from overseas. Farouk Systems was featured twice on ABC W
Angela & Amber Cope are twin sisters and successful hairstylists who recently made history when they became the first twins to ever race in a NASCAR Nationwide Series in May. However, their dreams of becoming the best female racers in NASCAR almo
Sexy Hair has hired John Fortunato and Jose Larios to help the company increase and broaden its sales division and operations. As vice president of operations and supply chain, Larios is responsible for directing and coordinating operations functions
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...