Nioxin‘s new leave-in hair thickening treatment, Diamax, officially launches in salons nationwide in February 2012. However, you don’t have to wait for yours because Nioxin is giving away $1 million worth of product to consumers and stylists from December 1, 2011 to January 2, 2012. Just visit the website and enter for your chance to [...]
In recognition of World AIDS Day I attended a very inspirational event at Hair on Madison in Harlem, NY. For the first time, I learned about Hairdressers Against AIDS, a unique advocacy program sponsored by L’Oreal Fondation D’Enterprise an
Make Up For Ever, the Paris-based professional makeup brand, announced it will open its first licensed U.S. Academy in the heart of New York City’s Union Square in January 2012. Dany Sanz, Make Up For Ever’s creator and artistic director, opened the
Eufora’s Annual Global Connection Event entertained over 700 stylists, salon owners, educators and distributors from October 23rd to 24th at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront in San Diego, CA. Eufora founders Don and Beth Bewley encouraged attendees to “
Last week, American Salon/Redken Runway Reinvention contest-winner Liubov (Liubi) Rachmanina flew to New York City to have dinner with the American Salon editorial team, shop the Redken 5th Avenue store and have breakfast with Redken Creative Consult
At Cosmoprof-Asia in Hong Kong, the U.S.’s Marcia Teixeira and Bangalore, India’s Inocorp Marketing were joined by American Consulate General representatives at the signing of a distribution agreement in November. The relationship has been evolvi
Eufora announced James Grundy as director of research and development, quality assurance and regulatory, as well as the addition of a new laboratory. Grundy brings ten years of experience developing groundbreaking products for world-renowned be
Ten schools across the country were selected as finalists of the Global Green USA Green School Makeover Competition, presented by Pureology. A panel of judges will evaluate the schools and select one winner of a grand prize for energy efficiency and
Belson Products announced that Janette Morales has been promoted to director of marketing, Jay Kim to regional sales manager and Rocio Urquidi to associate brand manager. “It’s exciting to work with this group, each of whom has shown company loyalty
Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, was awarded the Colorist of the Year Award onstage at the 2011 Hollywood Style Awards. The ceremony celebrated the trendsetters in fashion and honored celebrities, influencers and style elite.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...