This past December designer Jason Wu showcased his pre-fall 2012 collection, and as an appropriate accent, the models showing off the designer’s cool new duds all had fingertips glazed in OPI Nail Lacquer’s Got the Blues for Red. The rich blue-based red hue was fitting and a classically regal complement to the clothing, as Wu [...]
Dermalogica founder and owner Jane Wurwand spoke to members of the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) at the annual meeting in New York City last September for the second year in a row. Wurwand updated the group on the progress of joinFITE, the company’
Learn the secrets of the trade from master stylists at the international Salon & Spa Expo (ISSE) taking place from January 28-30, 2012 in Long Beach, CA. This year ISSE will be featuring the North American Hairstyling Award (NAHA) education r
The 2012 Matrix Spread the Love Ambassadors have been chosen. The six recent cosmetology school grads are sharing their enthusiasm for the beauty industry and soaking up knowledge by visiting 50 salons and schools, as well as other destinations,
One Styling is offering a unique online giveaway for hair stylists who really want to showcase their talents. Stylists are invited to create their very own ad campaign by submitting a photo of their favorite creation. Each week from December 21, 20
Today I attended an event at the ultra-chic Thompson Hotel near Columbus Circle in NYC, where the beauty media was invited for stylish blow outs using products exclusively from Original & Mineral, an Australian color and haircare collection t
Pureology enlisted its stylist to lead the Eco-Chic Fashion Show hair team at Global Green USA’s 7th Annual Gorgeous and Green Benefit in San Francisco, to celebrate a night of fashion and passion for green initiatives .Pureology,
Premiere Birmingham welcomed beauty aficionados this September to check out tools and products and experience quality education at the 465 booths on the exhibit floor at the Jefferson Convention Center in Birmingham, AL. Fall trends were showcased on
In early October, 4,000 stylists, haircolorists, makeup artists, students and salon owners gathered at the Minneapolis Convention Center for Aveda Congress 2011. The event, this year called “Pow Wow,” boasted technical and creative presentations from
Joico salons’ Beauty for a Cure in-salon initiatives raised over $50,000 for breast cancer awareness programs during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. Activities ranged from cut-a-thons to a celebrity-filled event at Gavert Atelier Salon in B
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...