Farouk Systems revealed a revamped stage concept at ISSE Long Beach to showcase it newest offerings with the help of veteran stylists. Exuberant styling duo, Joe Anthony Pena and Rocky McCormick, demonstrated the precision cutting possibilities of CHI’s newest shears. They then emphasized the versatility of the Made in USA CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Iron, which [...]
CND held a special event—Champagne and VIP Master Painter Workshop—at ISSE this past weekend in Long Beach, California that was a big hit with over twenty of the nail industry’s biggest celebrity manicurists that attended. CND Co-Founder Jan
In support of the year-round Go Red For Women campaign, the American Heart Association’s (AHA) initiative to keep women heart healthy—heart disease is the leading cause of death in women—three Cleveland, Ohio-based salons will be participating
Onesta Hair Care is proud to announce that Mike Cevetillo has been named the Sales Executive of the Year for 2011. Mike is a member of the northeast sales team for The Kirschner Group. This month his hard work and dedication was recognized at the Wes
Jason Lumsden, senior level sales and marketing headman, has joined the HairuWear® team as Vice President, Global Sales. In his 15 years of industry success, Lumsden has proven himself capable of providing the push to lucratively drive national sale
Fantastic Sam’s, a network of full service salons in the U.S., has announced that is has been acquired by France-based Dessange International. Fantastic Sam’s began franchising salons in 1976 and now has a network of over 1,200 salons in 46 state
Andis Company, the leading manufacturer of professional grooming products, who introduced its line to the European market nearly 80 years ago, is pleased to announce that it is expanding to India. The professional line of trimmers, clippers and groom
Lisa Marie Garcia has been named the Vice President of Shows & Education for Farouk Systems, the official hair care sponsor of the Miss Universe Organization and makers of CHI and Biosilk brands. Since 2008, Garcia has overseen numerous national
With 33 years of industry experience, hair guru Shauky Gulamani joins FHI Heat as its new president. Gulamani brings expertise as a hairdresser, salon owner, teacher, educator, sales representative and distributor. In his new role, he will coordinate
Six salons in upstate New York and northern Pennsylvania that were damaged by this past summer’s tropical thunderstorms and Hurricane Irene received surprise holiday visits and a wealth of gifts from the Matrix Chairs of Change initiative, led
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...