A new report released this week from the Boston Consulting Group titled “U.S. Manufacturing Nears the Tipping Point” has highlighted Farouk Systems Inc., makers of high quality professional hair care and spa products, as an example of a company engaging in a reshoring trend and bringing production back to the United States. The Houston-based Farouk [...]
Norma A. Lee, founder of Norma Lee Communications, passed away on March 14, leaving behind a public relations legacy in the beauty industry. Her clients included IBS New York, Clairol, Cosmetique, Zotos International Cosmetics and Dermablend Corr
Minardi Luxury Color Care founder Beth Minardi is excited to announce that iconic New York stylist and salon owner Mark Garrison has just joined the MLCC team. As the new member of the team, Garrison will contribute his skills as a haircutter and
Salon Week, debuting on April 1 in participating Boston and New York City salons, gives business owners the perfect chance to show appreciation for loyal clients, retain former visitors and welcome new ones. From April 1 – 7 the first-ever salon ev
The 27th annual Caper Event for Paul Mitchell Schools was held at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas February 20–22, with more than 2,500 motivated future professionals in attendance. Each of the students who joined the 200 hundred staff members, eac
Gayle Giacomo, star of The Style Network’s Jerseylicious and owner of Gatsby Salon in Green Brook, NJ, unveiled her first ever haircare line GG Gatsby at Drom Fragrances International last night with a glitzy party celebration. The white space with
The other night I attended a fabulous event to celebrate the Shasha Lee Exclusive Salon in NYC where I was showered with delicious cupcakes, “Shasha-tini” cocktails by Hpnotiq and a numerology reading. The owner Shasha Lee was on hand with he
Recently I attended Strut: The Fashionable Mom Show, a premiere event held on the last day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in honor of gorgeous fashionable moms everywhere, and showcasing designer clothes realistic for today’s fashionable moms.
Pouf, frizz, flyaways: This is the price many clients have to pay in humidity-plagued regions like the South. Members of the largely textured market, rejoice! At the 2012 Bronner Bros. International Hair Show hosted in Atlanta February 18-21, Farouk
Oya Salon owner and nationally recognized stylist and educator, Brian Bode has been chosen as Lead Artistic Director for KMS, a leader in the hair care product and style industry. Bode who is a frequent New York Fashion Week Stylist, began his career
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...