Farouk Systems is celebrating its nine-year partnership with the Miss Universe Organization by becoming the presenting sponsor of this year’s Miss USA Pageant. “Pageants feature women with every different hair type imaginable and no matter what the challenge, Farouk has a product to make their hair look amazing,” said Paula Shugart, president of the Miss [...]
On Sunday, June 3, Paul Mitchell Schools across America will participate in Cancer Survivor Beauty and Support Day, a nationwide event open to all cancer patients and survivors —regardless of their type of cancer or when they were diagnosed— to r
Metro Beauty Academy of Allentown recently expanded its training facility increasing the square footage of the building by 50 percent. “Our tremendous success in training talented students for lucrative careers has resulted in the need for m
Premiere Beauty Show Group President Howard Britt announced that Premiere Beauty Show, which began in Orlando, has signed a new four-year contract keeping the show at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) through 2015. Its more than 53,000 a
Peerless Beauty & Barber Supply has been signed on as the newest distributor of ColorProof Evolved Color Care, bringing the complete ColorProof line to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Nevada. “The team at Peerless Beauty & Supply is passion
Millennium Software recently announced the winners of The Millennium Experience Contest, where the company picked 10 teams of cosmetology students in the Miami, Florida area to host a hair show at The Millennium Experience conference to be held June
On April 15 in Berlin, Sebastian Professional named stylist Zheng Fei from Shanghai, China, the 2012 What’s Next Challenge winner for his “Stardust” style. Amanda Stone from Tampa, Florida, won Beauty Junkie honors for her look titled “Modern
Ashley Hafoka recently joined Zotos as territory manager in northern California for the exclusive division (Joico). Hafoka comes to Zotos with a background in education, distributor support and sales. Prior to this position, Hafoka supported Joico as
The Wella-UNICEF Making Waves auction kicked off on May 15 via the International Wella Professionals Facebook page. The charity auction features goods donated from renowned fashion designers such as Peter Som and Missoni as well as items donated
The Paul Mitchell Schools’ 9th annual FUNraising charity raised $2.5 million this year, bringing their nine-year total to more than $8.5 million. Each year, students and staff from the nationwide network’s 100 cosmetology schools spend three mo
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...