Global professional hair brand Alfaparf Milano has appointed Teri Guardino to the position of director of education. Guardino is the co-owner of Moda International Color Salon in New York City, and has worked featured in several publications, including Redbook, Allure and Cosmopolitan. She has made guest appearances on numerous television shows, including the “Oprah Winfrey [...]
C.A.N.S. 4 Cuts, a not for profit organization that focuses on the overall well being of community citizens, held its annual Eyes on the Prize event providing free haircuts in exchange for canned goods that are then donated to the Second Harvest Food
At the upcoming Premiere Birmingham, to be held October 21-22 in Alabama, the East and West coasts will come together for a barbering education experience that will showcase modern clipper techniques for men and women on the Main Stage. Barber/sty
The International Salon & Spa Expo (ISSE) Midwest show for licensed beauty professionals will return to the Chicago area at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, November 4-5 Produced by the Professional Beauty Association
OPI Products Inc. is collaborating with multiple Grammy Award winning and multi-platinum selling recording artist Mariah Carey for a winter 2013 polish collection. With over 200 million records sold worldwide and 18 Billboard number one singles, Care
This past weekend, August 4-6, Andis Company participated in the Bronner Brothers International Hair Show in Atlanta. Over three days, Andis educators Tone McGill and Rodrick Samuels led classes on barbering and business skills and onstage, along
While at 2012 Cosmoprof in Las Vegas this past July, Zotos International handed out awards to the company’s top performing sales representatives. A 20-year tradition, the awards honor sales representatives across the Zotos professional brand an
Sweis Inc. Professional Beauty Distribution is opening professional stores so beauty professionals can easily access Sweis’ products and brands. The distributor brings Moroccanoil, Keratin Complex, ColorProof, DS Laboratories, Evo Hair Care, Ze
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is set to launch its new one-day Regional Salon Summits across the United States starting this fall. Created to help salon owners and beauty professionals elevate their business, careers and the beauty indust
PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) has officially recognized KEVIN.MURPHY as a cruelty-free company. While the brand has always had a no animal testing policy in effect, earning a spot on the nonprofit’s “Does Not Test” list
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...